Thursday, February 16, 2012

4CC Pairs' Short

The Pairs' Short at 4CC was a surprisingly enjoyable event without any of the big names. It was exciting to see the best of the rest fight for gold.

Denny/Coughlin: I dreaded it when I found out they where skating to one my favorite pieces of music. My mind just knew there was no way they where going to be graceful enough. Well, they weren't bad at all. Still have a ways to go. I can definitely see them making top ten at Worlds. Their triple twist is GORGEOUS. The height is insane. Blows my mind. Their season best is well deserved.



Dube/Wolfe: They gave us a solid clean skate. Can use more style and flare to match the gravity of the music. Nice to see Jessisca land that salcow and skate well again. Wolfe is such a cutie. Just saying. Another season best. Yayy!!!

Marley/Brubaker: Their program is "Singing in the Rain". Well they are definitely dressed for a musical. Marley sky blue(raid drop) dress had me expecting "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".  Nice job by the newlyweds( team wise not for real). Marley gave me the most beautiful two footed landing ever. Just fit in with the choreography. Over all they are still a bit two sloppy. We are 3 for 3 on Season Bests.



Duhamel/Radford: It was an ok skate from these two. Two hands down on the throw. They could also us a triple twist. What I love most about this team is there spunk and attack. They are pretty entertaining in the kiss and cry. Always dissecting the scores like good students should. The streak is broken. :-(

Takahashi/Tran: Personally I think they have the best choreographed programs this season. If only Narumi could land her jumps. That is the only thing holding them back. Season Best even with the fall on the triple salcow.

Sui/Han: Best program of the night. They will easily be first. They are such an engaging pair. Just having fun and putting on a show. Never would of thought I was watching a competition. They are still a bit juniorish and need to work on synchronization. 4CC is killing me with all these Season Best. Is it the high altitude?



Evora/Ladwig: They are a pretty pair. Pretty won't get you far though without the technical. Keep the bests coming.

Lawrence/Swiegers: The Canadian number three short program is to "Beetlejuice"(one of my favorite cartoons in my day and just loved the movie) They interestingly opened up with a pair spin. My guess is so the black widow on Paige costume could spin the judges into their web. It worked  because they are ahead of the other Canadians even though they were slower and more sloppy. JMPO(just my personal opinion).The program was cute though.

Standings:
1.Sui/Han duh
2.Denny/Coughlin
3.Maley/Brubraker

No comments:

Post a Comment