Wednesday, February 15, 2012

4CC Review: Men's Short

The Men's Short at 4CC was fantastic. It had everything a skating fan could want. There were clean programs, quads, sex appeal, and beautiful skating. And best of all Chan-drama, Chadrama.

Jeremy Ten: Even if he misses the jumps he always has great music. I mean exceptional choices every season.

Christopher Caluza: I just fell in love with him (at first sight, well the first time I seen him skate). His costume was shiny and classy instead of crazy. His tango was smooth but sharp in the right places. He had a nice spread eagle into a double axel. His triple lutz triple toe combo was easy and his triple loop just popped right clean offed the ice. His camel was the highlight. He has wonderful stretch with the free leg. Did I mention he was flexible. Finish with an I spin.I am for real.  He was also working the step sequence. I mean working it. Can't what until he get the PC's he deserves. I'll will be watching Mr. Caluza in the future. Okay



Adam Rippon: I am so glad that his 3A is consistent. I can finally stop with the sacrifices to the skategods. Just kidding. Love his catch foot lay back. To bad for the freak fall on the Rippon Lutz.  Just wish his upper body wasn't so stiff.

Nan Song: I been fan of his since Jr years. Was hoping his Grand Prix success would follow him here. Just didn't happen.

Patrick Chan: What is with the skating world uproar. Was it a fall? Is Chan judges pet? Please stop with the Chadrama. P.S. I love every bit of it. Personally I would give him the benefit of a doubt. No fall here. The judges hit him hard anyway. Solid skate from the Chan Man.



Ross Miner: He is my little engine that can. Bronze two years in a row at Nationals. He was as consistent and stiff as ever. He got the job done.

Tatsuki Machida: He is one of my favorite skaters. Just like a dance he is always doing to much, choreography rise.  I was so nervous watching him I was about to piss myself. True T. Finally a clean program and the score he deserves. Please do well in the long.




Kevin Reynolds: Well his artistry is improving every year and he is going to break quad records. Mark my words.

Daisuke Takahashi: Sex on blades does it again with his tantalizing short program. Its a shame he underotated the quad.



Denis Ten: I believe you are making a comeback. Leave it at that.

Takahito Mura: Wow! Wow! and Slap Me Silly. The only clean quad triple of the night. The Japanese are bringing the gauntlet. An entertaining and clean program from japan's number 5.The judges like it. He  has surpassed number one and is nipping at Chan's heels. I wonder if his increase in PC's is because that was  his best skate ever or because he is hiding that huge distracting mole with his hair. Just saying.



Standings
1. Chan
2. Mura
3. Takahashi
4. Machida
5. Ten D.
6. Miner
7. Rippon

Stay tune my friends: Pair short is next

No comments:

Post a Comment