Wednesday, February 22, 2012

4CC's Ladies' Long



                                               

4CC Ladies long blew me away with how well the top three skated. Finally there is a beacon of hope for the US Ladies. Here are the top five skates.

Caroline Zhang: She's Baaaack! With better technique included. She hit every jump and with good height. Her axel is still slow and she could use some more speed.  With more intricate choreography, she can go places. I am so proud of her.





Ashley Wagner: Did an amazing job. It was the best I seen her skate all year. Love her spiral sequence and she hit everything but double the triple toe on her double axel combo. Highest long program total this year and she is within eight points of that oh so hard to reach 200 mark.


                                        

Kanako Murakami: This child was gonna pass out on the ice. I am glad she made it through. She singled the second part of all her combos. I really like the program for her. It fits her amazing speed and grand movements. I thing she has the most natural arm  moments of all the ladies. I think she is the fastest too. I wish she would straighten her free leg and point.





Mao Asada: The first thing I notice watching her after Kanako is that she doesn't make great use of her arms. She need more curvature and bend to bring emphasis to the movements. This program is pretty but she not really doing any thing with it. Her Triple axel was two footed and under rotated again. She also doubled her Salcow. Other then that she did pretty well. She is making a steady comeback.





Kexin Zhang: China has them a promising jumping bean. I hope she does well at worlds. Definitely rough around the edges but huge Triple + Triple .  The standing are:

1. Ashley Wagner
2. Mao Asada
3. Caroline Zhang( bronze again, I think she likes 4CC)
4: Kanako Murakami
5: Kexin Zhang







                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment